Core Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care (HPC)
- Recommended for all Health Care Providers and Hospice Palliative Care Volunteers
- Applicants must have access to a computer with internet
What is the Commitment Involved?
- 30 Hours (nine hours in-class, 21 hours online and self-study)
- Attendance at all three in-class sessions is mandatory in order to receive your certificate.
- Demonstrate Sensitivity, understanding and respect for the individuality of the person, family and team/caregivers
- Identify and understand issues associated with illness and bereavement (domains of issues)
- Effectively communicate with the person, family and team
- Recognize and report changes in any of the domains of issues associated with illness and bereavement
- Provide hospice palliative supportive care strategies
- Actively learn and develop personally and contribute as part of a team and organization
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the impact of personal attitudes, behaviours and values on the illness experience of the person, family and team/caregivers
What is the Cost to Attend?
- $0.00 for LTC Health Care Providers or HPC Volunteers
- $40.00 for Community Health Care Providers or HPC Volunteers
Training Locations:Learn more>