Core Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care
Recommended for All Health Care Providers or Hospice Palliative Care Volunteers!
- 30 Hours (9 hours in-class, 21 hours online and self-study)
- Attendance at all 3 in-class sessions is mandatory in order to receive your certificate.
Please Note: Participants must have access to a computer with internet.
- Demonstrate Sensitivity, understanding and respect for the individuality of the person, family and team/caregivers
- Identify and understand issues associated with illness and bereavement (domains of issues)
- Effectively communicate with the person, family and team
- Recognize and report changes in any of the domains of issues associated with illness and bereavement
- Provide hospice palliative supportive care strategies
- Actively learn and develop personally and contribute as part of a team and organization
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the impact of personal attitudes, behaviours and values on the illness experience of the person, family and team/caregivers
Coming Fall 2017