Waterloo-Wellington Palliative Referrals
Palliative Pain & Symptom Management Consultation by Certified HPC Consultant – Waterloo Region and Wellington County
HPC consultants provide across the continuum of care:
- Joint consultation (the consultant with a referring team member) on individuals of any age, suffering from a life threatening or limiting illness where quality of life is compromised;
- Consultation to service providers in person, by telephone, or through e-mail regarding care, e.g., assessment and management of pain and other symptoms; they do not provide direct care;
- Consultation to service providers for HPC program development, including:
- application of the Model to Guide Hospice Palliative Care,
- use and integration of assessment tools and best practice guidelines
- standards of care
- role clarification and development;
- debriefing of cases for staff;
- Formal and case-based education and mentoring for service providers; and
- Link service providers with specialized hospice palliative care resources.
Please contact us at the numbers below to discuss and arrange for a consultation.
No written referral required.
|Phone 519-743-4114, x 129||Phone 519-820-6692|
|Fax 519-743-7021||Fax 519-836-2154|
|MailHPC Consultation Services
Hospice of Waterloo Region
751 Victoria St., S., Unit 101
Kitchener, ON N2M 5N4
|Mail Hospice Wellington
795 Scottsdale Drive
Guelph, ON N1G 3R8