Pediatric Clinical Tools
- About Pain Assessment Scales
- Basic Symptom Control in Paediatric Palliative Care – Rainbows Children’s Hospice Guidelines (Edition 9.5, 2016)
- CRIES Instrument
- Expected Death in The Home (EDITH) Tool
- Faces Pain Scale
- FLACC Scale (Pediatric)
- Non-Communicating Pain Checklist
- Opioid Conversion Table
- PACK – coming soon
- Symptom Response Kit (SRK)
- Other Clinical Tools
Support Groups for Children
- Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO) – POGO ensures access to, and availability of, state-of-the-art cancer care for all Ontario’s children. This website has links to resources, information and supports for children and families living with cancer.
- Net News – CCNCP Newsletter
Conferences & Events
- HPC Consultation Services – The Fundamentals of HPC is geared to all care providers delivering palliative care services to patients/ clients of all ages. There is a pediatric component built into the course, as there is now for HPC Conferences. Visit our website for foundational education courses as well as other education initiatives.
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO)
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA)
All major conferences offered through HPCO & CHPCA have pediatric workshops, lectures, and topical information integrated in the full conferences. Please visit their respective websites for full program information.
- When Someone is Dying…What can I expect? What can I do? Caregiving Guides for Community, Hospitals and Long-Term Care Homes
- Books, videos, and DVDs are available for service providers from both HPC Consultation Services, as well as Hospice of Waterloo Region, and Hospice Wellington. Please contact us to help you locate the appropriate educational material you are looking for.